Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

About My Term Research Paper

My term research paper's topic was Social Networking: For better or worse, and I have recently finished working on it. It was interesting the way I had done my research, because I had found some really interesting links with articles that fit perfectly with my research project. However, those links were not as helpful as my personal experience. My topic was a bit generic and mainstream but I think it helped me understand the topic much better, because I personally use social networking enough to realize what the benefits and problems are. Once again, more than the articles I found these class assignment much more helpful, such as making a twitter account. In all honesty, I used to hate twitter, and I used to think that it was just a fad that everyone used to be part of it but twitter is the social networking site that taught me the most about social networking. Not only did I learn a lot but I now also use twitter actively, I may not "tweet" but there is so much information provided only through twitter. And that is what I have learned, that to be up to date and know as much as you about a certain thing you must use social networking sites. And when a desktop or a laptop wasn't available to me, I would use my iPod for twitter. This might not be that bad of a problem for me because I mostly used twitter on my iPod when I had nothing better to do, like while on the train, or during commercials, or waiting for the game to load. However, some of the people on twitter tweet every 15 minutes or so, about something completely useless, which not only annoyed me but also made me realized that they are addicted to it. The same reason I don't like Facebook because she spends way too much on it. Once she gets on it, she can spend hours, but I can't be hypocrite because if ever start browsing youtube, I just simply can't stop. In all fairness, I think youtube is much more entertaining then stalking people you know and invading their personal lives. That brings me to the reason why I chose to do this topic. I thought it would be perfect for me to show how useless and pointless it is to spend hours on a social network sites because I hated how my girlfriend was always telling me to leave her comments on her pictures and such and I thought it was much more meaningful for me to tell her the comments than typing them out. Therefore originally I was going to conclude that it is better to socialize in person than using new media technology; however, that changed because I think overall social networking through new media is better than just trying to survive without it because it has come to a point where these social networking sites hold exclusivity. I have to say once again that I used to hate twitter but out of all the social networking sites, I think twitter has provided me with the most information in the most efficient manner, by me spending least amount of time for that most amount of information. There for new media applications are a must use for today's day and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment